5 recommendations for dry eye
"Being a chronic disease, the treatment of dry eye does not end when leaving the ophthalmologist's office, but requires a series of care and habits that the patient must maintain at home." These are some of the main keys to keep dry eyes at bay, offered by IMO specialists in a detailed and updated guide on the pathology:
- Be meticulous with eyelid hygiene: apply heat to the eyelids using hot compresses, massage them with vertical movements and clean their edges and eyelashes with soapy solution and, alternatively, special wipes.
- Take environmental measures such as avoiding heating and air conditioning, using humidifiers or protecting your eyes with glasses.
- Take high-dose Omega 3 fatty acid supplements.
- Carry out periodic controls (one a year, at least) and the visits specially indicated by the ophthalmologist to apply the appropriate treatments.
- Under medical prescription in the indicated cases, use topical or oral anti-inflammatories and/or antibiotics.